Noticed your electricity bills creeping up a little over the last few months? Try these handy, simple tips to stop things getting out of hand!
Switch electricity supplier
If you have been with the same energy supplier for the last couple of years or so, you could save yourself some extra money by looking elsewhere.
Some suppliers offer exclusive deals for new customers or offer discounts combined with other general home needs, like duel-fuel deals for customers looking to combine the cost of their electricity and gas in one place. Shop around using price comparison websites to make sure you're not overpaying on your electricity bills!
Heat your home effectively
Heating hot water for your home contributes to the cost of your electricity bill, anywhere from 5-15% on average. You can lower this percentage by lowering the temperature on the heater to 130-140 degrees and by undertaking the following tips:
- Switch off the thermostat and avoid heating unused rooms and wasting energy on an empty house.
- Block draughts through windows and doors using draught proofing strips around the frame.
- Block draughts under bottom of your doors by investing in a rush/flap draught excluder.
- If you don’t use your chimney, use an inflatable pillow to block it off, or fit a cap on the chimney pot.
- Block draughts through your floor boards by using a silicone, flexible filler to fill any gaps.
- Block the loft hatch with draught proofing strips.
An even better way to insulate your home is through solid wall insulation; a more expensive method that will save you even more money on your electricity bill.
Your local electricians in Castleford
We hope these quick tips have been useful! As for us, no job is too big or small - We cover all of your electrical needs in Castleford, Pontefract, Wakefield, Ackworth, Knottingley, Methley, Garforth, Featherstone, Normanton and surrounding areas of Leeds and West Yorkshire. To get in touch, fill out our contact form, give us a call on 07927 674038 or email us on email@example.com.